About Me

My photo
A unique model - Asian, Alternative and Art Nude all rolled into one petite 5"2 (3/4), 8-10 bundle of joy :) I am a creative individual always on the look out for the new and interesting. I love to play with my environment, experiment and drown in art.

20 February 2011

Find the Zenith!

Let me introduce myself :) 


I am Zenith.  'How narcissistic!' I hear you cry.  I don't claim to be the Zenith, you understand, but I am trying to get there... may take another lifetime or two. So - who the hell is this Zenith claiming to be...well, y'know.

I'm a model - when I'm in front of a camera.  When not in front of the camera I tend to be in trees, or dens, or a little pinny and a pair of Marigolds... hang on, that happens in front of camera too - bugger, not doing to well here, eh? Anyway, yes, I am a model, just like every other teen/twenty something with a photoshopped image on the interwebz - but I really am, I AM, I AM!  (Give me a moment to compose myself...)

Seriously now, I've been at this  long time.  I blatantly haven't ever progressed quite as far as I would have liked in the last eight years, but between becoming a mother and being full-time at University, modelling always came as a second priority.  I suppose as a photographer (possibly, hopefully, or perhaps not so hopefully, reading this) that's not really what you would like to hear :S  You want 'up at the crack of dawn! Available at short notice! Will travel hundreds of miles to get that one spectacular shot in minus temperatures! On foot!' - don't you?  Well, if I didn't have other responsibilities, then that's what you would get.  But I digress.

Eight years in fact - from my first shoddy 'shoot'.  Jeez - I'll leave those early experiences stories to another post.  Right here and now, what the heck am I doing? Well, about six months ago, I decided that the last few shoots I had booked would be my last.  See, I planned on a 'proper' career, something stable, responsible and 'normal'.  It involved working with Special Needs children and adults.  So in favour of this, I sadly said goodbye to the modelling.  And ever since, I have been miserable as hell.

It's not just the income that I miss (well, it wouldn't be with today's market rates :p ).  I miss the buzz from dressing up or dressing down, performing to someone's idea or concept, sharing and collaborating and working in harmony with others to produce something memorable, insightful or just plain pretty or funny. I miss jumping into random, obscure scenarios, locations and sets, playing a character and being able to say at the end of the day 'well, never done THAT before!'.

So, after much soul searching, I decided that I loved modelling far too much to let it go.  It's a big part of the person I am today.  So I have reinstated old profiles, will be updating them and revamping them over the coming days and plan on returning to the crazy photography industry with a small bang.  I'll do the organised thing and add links to modelling site profiles, my modelling Facebook (oh yes!) and such like, will update regularly with new stuff or with random old stuff if the mood so takes me, stories, experiences and whatever else fills my twiddly head :)

Thanks for reading,

Zenith

No comments:

Post a Comment