About Me

My photo
A unique model - Asian, Alternative and Art Nude all rolled into one petite 5"2 (3/4), 8-10 bundle of joy :) I am a creative individual always on the look out for the new and interesting. I love to play with my environment, experiment and drown in art.

7 December 2011

...And then sometimes I wonder why!?

Seriously - it's so frustrating trying to organise shoots at the moment!! GAH! One thing that really gets to me is when a shoot is booked, discussed and confirmed, and yet the photographer then either postpones (and puts off setting another date) or cancels outright.  It's really, really annoying.  It means going through all the threads and castings for work I have posted, and re-adjusting them again, once having updated with 'NOW BOOKED' to 'Still looking because he cancelled'.  It looks unprofessional on my part and is so time consuming.

Not only this - but photographers quite often fail to understand that modelling is a source of income - not pocket money, not a little extra, some models rely on what they make from modelling to get by.  This is where I'm coming from - it is at the moment, my bread and butter.  So when you go from budgeting £120 for one week - which let's face it, isn't a princely sum anyway, to just £30 - it's going to p*ss you off somewhat.

I try really hard to maintain a good reputation, to ensure good pre-shoot communication, be reliable, contactable, on-time, prepared, and work hard at the shoot itself to produce the images the photographer will be happy with.

Monumentally annoyed at the moment!!

On the upside - I have a new business relationship with a local studio which should help matters in the new year, I have a studio day booked with Emma Willis (Still taking bookings for slots! Get in touch!) and hopefully one booked in February at the WhiteRooms in Birmingham.  Studio days, I like.  Reliable photographers, I like.  Knowing that I am being booked for doing what I love, I like.  Being messed around - I do not appreciate!!

**RANT DONE**

No comments:

Post a Comment